Does It Matter Which M 2 Slot I Use

The PCIe x16 slot is the fastest in any generation as it has the most PCIe lanes available and this results in a higher data throughput speed in laymans terms. I am using a Samsung 970 Evo m2 ssd.


Computer Diy Huananzhi X79 Pro Motherboard With Dual M 2 Nvme Ssd Slot Cpu Intel Xeon E5 2660 V2 6 Computer Diy Motherboard Intel

I have a Strix X570-F.

. Now for the questions does the cooling matter. Join Date Jun 2016 Reputation 10. So if you own the Z690-E you do NOT want to use the M2_1 connector at least not until you have actual PCIe 50 devices and it might be worthwhile.

But besides that the 2nd slot offers better cooling for the drive afaik. Now there board has two m2 slots one at the top which is named number 1 and one all the way at the bottom which is named number 2. I cant see any difference in the manual.

Maybe see it in a benchmark. Seems on your specific motherboard all 3 slots perform the same but only the 2nd and 3rd slot support the longest type of m2. According to the latest manual it should not matter which of the two ports that you utilize.

Will it make a noticeable difference. View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message ROG Member Array. The M2_3 slot is connected to the chipset and is also safe to use.

Cheers George 08-12-2019 0749 PM 2. Unfortunately it does not state which of the ports share with which of the PCIe slots it only shows which of the ports share with the SATA ports. As for the ROG Hyper m2 card.

Does it matter which m2 slot I use. Is one faster than the other. I just finished my first build and have some questions about where to put my Intel M2 480GB driveMy mobo is an ASUS b250 prime and theres 2 slotsM2 1 and M2 2.

So I know that when I install an NVMe SSD in slot 1 I will lose SATA Port 2 and 5 and for slot 2 I will lose SATA Port 5 and 6 afaik. The question I am running into is the board comes with a M2 Shield Frozr that only fits in the bottom m2 slot. I also have another HDD drive but I use the M2 for boot.

Yes the PCIe x16 slot you use DOES matter because on most motherboards the second PCIe slot only offers either 8 or even just 4 PCIe lanes. HiIm new here but Im sure I will get the help I need. Am I correct when it comes to the specific SATA Ports I wont be able to use for both slots.

As noted in the manual M2_1 is direct to the CPU while M2_2 and M2_3 go through the PCH. Either way the first M2M2_1 is the ideal position. Instead use M2_2 which is directly connected to the CPUs 4 x 40 lanes like most other boards.

However using the 3rd will disable 2 SATA ports where as using the 1st or 2nd will only disable 1 SATA port each. To answer OPs question ideally you want the M2 SSD in M2_1 expansion slot.


Machinist H81 Motherboard Lga 1150 Ngff M 2 Slot Support I3 I5 I7 Xeon E3 V3 Processor Ddr3 Ram H81m Pro S1 Mainboard Motherboards In 2022 Motherboard Brand Power Memory Support


Ngff M 2 To Pci E X16 Slot Transfer Card Mining Pcie Riser Card Vga Extension Cable M 2 Riser China In 2021 Riser Cards Card Transfer Extension Cable


What Is An M 2 Slot And What Devices Use The M 2 Slot Graphic Card Laptop Design Slot

No comments for "Does It Matter Which M 2 Slot I Use"